Original Encaustic Mixed Media Painting
Size: 10 x 10 x 1.5"
She's full of joy in vibrant tones of purple!
Original botanical art with a vibrant luminosity and shine that mimics the look of stained glass, complete with tiny air bubbles beneath the surface. Subtle distressing within the painting lends an aged vibe to this contemporary artwork.
With a torch and a molten mixture of beeswax and tree resin, artist Alison Sherrow creates multi dimensional paintings using pigments, inks and shellac. This art technique is called 'encaustic', a Greek term meaning 'a burning in'. Each one of a kind original painting is polished to bring out the natural shine of the wax. The paintings are completed on a cradled wood panel and are installed with wire for hanging.
Encaustic Art Details:
- Hand painted with molten beeswax, damar resin, pigments, ink & shellac.
- Arrives ready to hang or stand on a shelf - no frame needed!
- Rich espresso brown stained sides lend a modern rustic touch.
- Hand signed & dated on back.
- Shipping included within the contiguous U.S. (Click for shipping info.)
How to Purchase:
Click 'Add to cart' and enter your shipping details. Please allow up to seven days for your painting to be packaged and shipped from the studio. As soon as the artwork is on it's way, you will receive the (Read more about shipping here.)